Litchfield National Bank was organized in 1907 originally as a state bank known as First State & Savings Bank. On September 19, 1911, it was converted to a National Banking Association. Former bank presidents include M.M. Morrison, T.T. Lackey, Herb Herrick, Charles McBride and Leighton Wesley Cline. In 1945, William Harold Fleming was elected President, serving until 1974. He was succeeded by his son Frank Fleming, who served as President until Frank’s son, Michael Fleming, was appointed President in 2008.
In 1972 expansion included our drive-in facility, built on the former House of Sunshine property on North State Street, providing additional convenience to bank customers. In 1999, a branch was added inside the Litchfield Super Wal-Mart store, providing three facilities in Litchfield. In 2004, online banking was introduced, providing e-banking services to our many customers. In 2010, the property housing the former Hardees restaurant was purchased. In June 2015, the Wal-Mart branch was relocated and the drive-up lanes at the new Route 66 Banking Center opened.
“The Friendly Bank” continues to grow and offer many convenient services and products to customers. We are proud to have served Litchfield and the surrounding communities for over 110 years!